15 Responses to “10 Most Amazing Outdoor Home Theaters”

1. Jason on February 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Great post! The reversible clubhouse screen is very cool.

2. Geoserv on February 26, 2008 6:06 pm

Great post and images. Added to TopStumbles.

3. GFYM on February 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Nr. 3 is looking so fake.
    Clearly a ‘shopped picture.

4. madrone on February 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Pretty goddamn disgusting. Conspicuous consumption sure isn’t pretty.

5. ET Barton on February 27, 2008 12:22 am

These are really cool. I would love to have even one of them, although the blow up ones would probably be the best ones for my budget.

6. Popular Fidelity » Tech » Pool-Side Drive-In Theaters for Your Backyard on February 27, 2008 10:29 am

[…] Can you really call it a home theater when the theater setup, including 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound and a 300-inch projection screen, are technically sitting in your backyard?  Wouldn’t that make it an outside-the-home theater?  I guess it’s just quibbling over semantics, because no matter what you call it, being able to watch movies while floating lazily in your swimming pool with nature as your backdrop is pretty spectacular. […]

7. links for 2008-02-27 - KusMijnKloten.ch on February 27, 2008 11:24 am

[…] 10 Most Amazing Outdoor Home Theaters | Geek About (tags: lists “home theaters” multimedia cinema) […]

8. tradesmen on February 29, 2008 11:12 am

I guess no playing football or splashing water around them.. haha

9. Léonie on March 3, 2008 3:04 pm

This is just too much luxury – think about the 2 billion people that have less than a dollar a day. One should not support such luxury. Well just my opinion.

Léonie

10. Linda on April 2, 2008 4:16 pm

The Drive-In Theater concept is pretty swank.

11. Kevin Van on April 9, 2008 8:21 pm

To see a backyard theater you can build yourself, go to http://backyardtheater.com/

I guarantee it will be one of the best things you ever do.

12. The Great Geek Manual » Link Round-Up: April 11 on April 11, 2008 6:37 pm

[…] Geek About.com has posted a list of the 10 Most Amazing Outdoor Home Theaters. […]

13. EH on July 23, 2008 3:14 pm

Those with the least, whine the most!

14. Watch Summer Movies Outdoors in Your Backyard Theater on August 14, 2008 11:33 am

[…] Summertime in Phoenix presents all sorts of opportunities for neighbors to get to know each other better. Planning a big event for everyone to enjoy is a great way to make this happen. If you want to get the ball rolling, an excellent idea involves turning a common area or backyard into a makeshift movie theater for a night. […]

15. Jessie on January 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Open Air Cinema (openaircinema.us) provides some pretty cool home theater systems for affordable prices. There’s lots of places getting on the outdoor-home-theater-bandwagon (including Walmart) but these guys have quality packages with everything included from the screen to the projector to the speakers and more. i love my backyard home theater 🙂

Comments are closed.

rss icon

Subscribe via RSS

Subscribe via Email:

About me...
Hi! I am a self-confessed geek with an insatiable appetite for gadgets and travel. Currently I own a MacBook Pro, 30GB iPod video and a big credit card balance.
Categories